Brief list of FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Short answer, Absolutely not.
Mentors like Christopher Schiefer lectured non-native English speaking artists all around the world from Thailand, Japan, Singapore e.g Dominic Foong’s review, Philippines, Mexico, Poland, Brazil, Serbia e.g Adam’s review or Stefan Stankovic’s review, Russia and many more countries.
We are patient as reported by Stefania Castagna from Italy because everyone is learning in different ways.
Last but not least, see all of it as a good opportunity to tighten up your English skills next to your art skills.
The purpose of a mentorship is to guide the mentee in a beneficial direction in the interest of the mentee.
To achieve it, the mentor polishes existing skills. As a result, the mentee can further develop skills and reach out to various networks to elevate their careers.
A concept art mentorship matters because it has a 1 to 1 student-teacher ratio. Most importantly, artists are lectured individually.
As a consequence, a concept art mentorship is more focused on you as a person. Therefore, It allows the artist to develop skills more effectively."
The 3 C’s a mentor provides are important to successfully grow the abilities of mentees during a mentorship.
- Consultation: Firstly, give Expert advice in specialized areas of interest.
- Counselor: Secondly, the mentor will oversee and tackle problems according to the goals of the mentee.
- Cheerleader: Lastly, provide substantial motivation to grow the mentee’s abilities efficiently.
A good mentorship program can greatly enhance satisfaction in the careers of a mentee, including mentors. It is a fast and efficient way of sharing knowledge. As a result, goals can be met faster between the mentor and the mentee. All of those features make up a good mentorship program.
If a mentee needs a mentor depends on the learning path chosen by the mentee.
A mentorship is to shorten the valuable time it would take a mentee to acquire certain necessary traits to achieve goals set by the mentee. To achieve it, expert consultation and cheer are necessary to grow one’s abilities.
In conclusion, if the mentee is stuck in any way within certain boundaries, then a mentorship might be the right solution.
To achieve a goal, traits and skills have to be self-taught or taught by lecturers. However, mentorships provide a substantial shortening of the time it takes to acquire such necessary traits.
There are 7 very important traits to identify what makes a bad mentor.
- the mentor does not provide substantial value to a mentee’s set goal.
- the mentorship is not in favor of the mentee but of the mentor.
- motivation for the mentee is not being tackled but rather dragged down.
- the expertise of a mentor can not enhance the skillsets of mentees.
- the mentor provides unfocused and chaotic lecturing approaches.
- mentorship does not open new visible paths to a mentee’s career.
- Most importantly, The mentor is unable to identify and act upon inefficient traits within the mentee’s mindset.
An online concept art mentorship works in the following way: Meetup online through screen sharing and use a microphone to communicate your goals and desires.
Then work together with the mentor to help you move towards your desired goals.
We will use Discord, free software to communicate, share screens and send files.
The Duration of a concept art mentorship depends on the set goal of the mentee. The more time per mentorship the more feedback loops you can have. Generally, 90 minutes depending on the difficulty of the goal should be enough.
At CGVerse, flexibility is one of our great advantages during a mentorship.
We meet up personally 2 times a week, depending on how difficult the work is. We work together hand in hand to achieve your goals.
All software and tools are recommended for client work and CGVerse course education. If you already have 3D software and tools in place then you can use those for education, but we do not recommend it.
Get the following tools and software:
- For 3D software Download Blender here (Free)
- For Screen sharing Download Discord here (Free)
- For Reference collection download Pureref here (Free)
- For Painting Photoshop CS6 and up (Industry Standard)*
- Painting Tablet (e.g wacom)
*Free painting software is not recommended for advanced and intermediate level courses or mentorships